Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

Today was a great day. We went and met almost everyone at the cemetery on Christmas Eve. As a parent I can't imagine the heartache of missing a child, especially around the holidays. Chance would be seven. Zach would be close to 30. After the cemetery we went to Staci's house. They had a yummy dinner of Prime Rib and then Alan read the Christmas story with the puppets. We all love going to their house. They are always welcoming and you kids just love it there. We also read the and it really brought the spirit into the room. I'm so thankful for my Savior. I know that He lived upon the earth and will someday come again. I hope that I can live worthy to be in his presence and live with Heavenly Father again with me family. I know He has provided a way to do this. There are many things in this world that promise happiness but I know true happiness comes from the teachings of the gospel.
Lucas woke everyone up around 6:50. Santa had covered their gifts so they couldn't peek. I told you about the times I remember when I was a kid waiting for my dad to finish milking cows in the early hours of the morning. Now I realize he had to get up super early just so I could enjoy Christmas. You came down the stairs and checked what Santa got you.

Lucas got a wall tracks, the battleship game, a new lightsaber toothbrush and of course candy:)
We did the three gifts again this year. Your gift from the heart was a big world map that was poster size and laminated. I glued it onto a poster board and got little push pins that you can attach flags to. Dad's flag was the first one to go up on Guyaquil Ecudaor where he served his mission. We have a lot more to put up and will soon be adding the palmer grandparents and Melissa as well. Eventually I want to make a sign that say's underneath it, I hope they call me on a mission.
For your need you got socks:)
For your want you got a tie fighter lego set:)

Lucas I love you so much. I hope that the things you remember about your Christmas's at home are filled with memories of love,fun and most importantly of feelings of the spirit. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment